Sunday, August 16, 2009

"Is Billy Idol just doing a bad Elvis pout, or was he born that way?" Freddy Mercury

The french with their pouts. Wow.

Nothing can transform a look, an expression, the tone of a conversation more. The same way that the British accent makes everything sound so correct and official, nothing says sex appeal like a french pout. And I want one.


(Un)luckily for me, I have this irritating chameleon-like habit of (poorly!) imitating the person I am speaking too. 3 hours into my last NYC trip and I was telling the barrista dat even da cawfee tastes betta in New Yauk. There go my out & abouts. So, when I moved to Quebec I just assumed now that I have a french address, I would purchase a tube of Russian Red MAC lipstick, walk out of the department store, and Voila!, I would have the pout. Not so much....one source tells me it is a developed pout, that the better my pronouciation, the better the pout and that in the meantime, she not unkindly suggested, I may want to avoid faking it, at least in public. I've considerd botox injections but I don't really get what happens to your lipskin (is that a word) once the effects wear off. I have enough sagging elsewhere.....well, I'm stuck on this creepy lipskin word now, thanks to my adult ADD, and need to google it....a bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment